Chennai, 20th February 2014:Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company today announced the launch of Chola MS Wellness on the Go mobile application for its Health Insurance customers. This application available on Android supported smart phones will offer a range of health benefits and convenient access to the network of hospitals offering cashless treatment facility to the customers.
1. The customers will be sent a sms and an email communication with the link to download this application.
2. The customer will have an e-Health Card for self and family. The customer can use the e-Card along with a valid photo identity proof to avail cashless hospitalization at any of the network hospitals.
3. Policy details like coverage, Sum Insured e.t.c. Renewal reminder and Hospital network with geo tagging on Google Maps are other benefits available in the app.
4. The application offers some unique health tracking features like Pedometer, BMI Calculator and Blood Sugar Tracker. This will help improve the health consciousness amongst customers.
5. It also offers customers discounts and exclusive offers at select Hospitals, pharmacies and diagnostic labs.
6. The customers can also dial Chola Customer care from the app and get tele-assistance.
Mr. S.S. Gopalarathnam, Managing Director, Chola MS said “This is an industry first technology initiative and Chola MS is proud to take a lead. I am sure this will delight our customers.” He also informed that the company is planning to develop and launch more such mobile applications for Motor and Travel Insurance customers.
About Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Limited (Chola MS):
Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Ltd. is a Joint Venture between Murugappa Group and Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Group of Japan. Cholamandalam MS offers a wide range of products that include Accident, Engineering, Health, Liability, Marine, Motor, Property, Travel and Rural insurance for individuals and corporate. The company achieved a GWP of 1621 crores in 2012-13. The company has 92 branches and over 6000 agents across the country.
The company champions a brand philosophy of T3 – Trust, Transparency and Technology. Chola MS has recently been awarded as the best insurance company across Asia for “Health Insurer Claims Team for the year 2013” at the Claims Asia Awards 2013 held at Hongkong. Amongst various awards and accolades; noteworthy amongst them is “Innovation Leader Award 2012” by Fintelekt. The company also received the best insurance company for “In time Claims Settlement for the year 2011-12” in the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) scheme run by the Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India. The company has been awarded “Financial Insights Innovation Award” for innovation in mobile enablement – Claims Survey Process in the recently concluded Asian Insurance Congress held at Singapore.
Visit www.cholainsurance.com for more information about the company and its products.
About Murugappa Group
Founded in 1900, the INR 225 Billion Murugappa Group is one of India’s leading business conglomerates. The Group has 28 businesses including eleven listed Companies traded in NSE & BSE. Headquartered in Chennai, the major Companies of the Group include Carborundum Universal Ltd., Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company Ltd., Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Ltd., Coromandel International Ltd., Coromandel Engineering Company Ltd., E.I.D. Parry (India) Ltd., Parry Agro Industries Ltd., Sabero Organics Ltd., Shanthi Gears Ltd., Tube Investments of India Ltd., and Wendt (India) Ltd.
Market leaders in served segments including Abrasives, Auto Components, Cycles, Sugar, Farm Inputs, Fertilisers, Plantations, Bio-products and Nutraceuticals, the Group has forged strong alliances with leading international companies like Groupe Chimique Tunisien, Foskor, Mitsui Sumitomo, Morgan Crucible and Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile (SQM). The Group has a wide geographical presence spanning 13 states in India and 5 continents.
Renowned brands like BSA, Hercules, Ballmaster, Ajax, Parry’s, Chola, Gromor and Paramfos are from the Murugappa stable. The organization fosters an environment of professionalism and has a workforce of over 32,000 employees.